One of the things that I find most difficult when I sew is fabric selection. This fabric on the bolt seemed to have enough drape but as I moved forward with the project, it was apparent it didn't. So, we will consider this dress a more expensive muslin version haha! I made many changes to this pattern, which I had initially planned to do but became mandatory as the dress took shape.
I took the hem and the sleeve length way up, skipped out on the matching wrap belt. The fabric didn't take too well to the pleats in this pattern so I skipped them too. The pattern is super easy and I'm ordering some coral fabric as I type to try it again!